This website uses cookies to function correctly.
You may delete cookies at any time but doing so may result in some parts of the site not working correctly.

Sickness Certificates

For the first seven days lost through illness you do not need a certificate from your Doctor. This period is covered by the SC1 form available from your employer.  If your employer doesn’t have its own form you can download this Self Certification Form (PDF)

You need to see the Doctor if the absence is for longer, or if your employer requires a private certificate, for which there is a small charge.

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website